When it comes to choosing a prom dress, there are many factors to consider. One of the most important is the color of the dress. While white and black are classic choices, purple is a great option for those who want something a little different. There are many shades of purple to choose from, so you can find the perfect one to complement your skin tone. If you want a dress that will really stand out, try a bright shade like lavender or violet. For a more subtle look, opt for a darker shade like plum or eggplant. No matter what shade you choose, a purple prom dress is sure to make you look and feel like a princess on your big night!
1. Find Your Perfect Purple Prom Dress
It’s prom season, and if you’re still on the hunt for the perfect dress, you may be considering a classic purple gown. Whether you’re looking for a traditional ballgown or something a little more modern, there are plenty of gorgeous purple prom dresses to choose from.
Here are a few tips to help you find your perfect purple dress:
– Consider your skin tone. If you have a cool skin tone, look for a dress with blue or lavender undertones. If you have a warm skin tone, look for a dress with more red or violet undertones.
– Consider the style of dress you want. If you’re looking for something classic, a ballgown or A-line dress is a great option. If you’re looking for something a little more modern, try a fitted mermaid dress or a strapless dress.
– Consider the neckline you want. If you want to show off your shoulders, try a strapless or halter neckline. If you want something a little more modest, try a boatneck or jewel neckline.
– Consider the length of dress you want. If you want to show off your legs, try a shorter dress or a high-low dress. If you want something a little more traditional, try a floor-length gown.
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, take a look at some of our favorite purple prom dresses below.
2. The Different Shades of Purple
When it comes to choosing a purple prom dress, there are so many different shades to choose from! Whether you’re looking for a dress that’s a classic lavender color or something a little more bold like royal purple, there’s definitely a shade of purple out there for you. To help you narrow down your search, we’ve put together a list of the different shades of purple and what they might be best suited for.
Lavender is a light purple color that’s perfect for those who want something a little more understated. This shade of purple is perfect for proms or any other formal event where you want to look elegant but not too over-the-top.
Royal purple is a much darker and richer shade of purple. It’s perfect for those who want to make more of a statement with their dress. If you’re looking to really stand out at prom, a royal purple dress is a great option.
Eggplant is a deep, rich purple color. It’s perfect for those who want a dress that’s both stylish and unique. Eggplant is a great choice for any formal event, but it can also be a fun option for a more casual event.
Grape is a dark purple color that’s perfect for those who want something a little more subtle. This shade of purple is perfect for any formal or semi-formal event.
Lilac is a light purple color with hints of gray. It’s perfect for those who want a dress that’s both sophisticated and stylish. Lilac is a great choice for any formal event, but it can also be worn to more casual events.
Which shade of purple is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
3. The Best Purple Dress for Your Body Type
When it comes to choosing the perfect prom dress, there are a lot of factors to consider. But one of the most important is your body type. And if you’re looking for a purple prom dress, we’ve got you covered. Here are three of the best purple prom dresses for your body type.
If you’re petite…
Try a short purple prom dress with a fitted silhouette. This will help to elongate your figure and make you look taller. Avoid voluminous skirts or dresses with too much fabric, as they will only make you look smaller.
If you’re plus size…
Opt for a purple prom dress with a flattering cut. An A-line dress or one with a cinched waist will help to accentuate your best features and make you look and feel your best.
If you’re tall…
You can pretty much wear any style of dress you want. But if you want to really stand out, go for a long purple prom dress with a slit. This will show off your legs and make you look even taller. Just make sure that the slit isn’t too high – you don’t want to end up flashing everyone!
4. How to Accessorize Your Purple Prom Dress
When it comes to choosing the perfect purple prom dress, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. Not only do you need to find a dress that flatters your figure, but you also need to make sure it goes well with your accessories. After all, the right accessories can make or break your whole look.
So, how do you accessorize your purple prom dress? Here are a few tips to get you started:
Pick the right shoes: Shoes can make or break your whole look, so it’s important to choose a pair that goes well with your dress. If you’re wearing a simple, solid-colored dress, then you can get away with wearing just about any type of shoe. However, if your dress is patterned or embellished, then you’ll want to be more selective with your footwear. A good rule of thumb is to choose shoes that are either the same color as your dress or a complementary color.
Choose the right jewelry: Jewelry is another important aspect of your look. Again, if you’re wearing a simple dress, then you can get away with wearing more statement pieces. But if your dress is already pretty busy, then you’ll want to stick to more understated jewelry. A pair of simple earrings and a necklace should suffice.
Pick a purse that complements your dress: Your purse doesn’t have to be an exact match for your dress, but it should be a similar color. If your dress is a light purple, then you can get away with carrying a white or ivory purse. But if your dress is a darker shade of purple, then you’ll want to carry a purse that’s closer to that color.
Don’t forget the finishing touches: Once you have your dress, shoes, jewelry, and purse sorted out, don’t forget about the little things. Make sure you have a good strapless bra and a pair of Spanx to help you look your best. And don’t forget your makeup! A little bit of foundation, some mascara, and a purple lip color will really make your look pop
5. Purple Prom Dress Ideas
If you’re looking for the perfect purple prom dress, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got 5 great purple prom dress ideas that are sure to make you stand out from the crowd.
1. The first purple prom dress idea is a classic A-line dress. This silhouette is flattering on any body type and is sure to make you feel like a princess on your big night.
2. For a more modern take on the classic A-line, try a high-low dress. This style is shorter in the front and longer in the back, giving you the best of both worlds.
3. If you’re looking for something a little sexy, try a mermaid style dress. This silhouette hugs your curves and is sure to turn heads.
4. For a fun and flirty look, try a tulle skirt dress. This style is perfect for twirling on the dance floor and is sure to make you the life of the party.
5. Our final purple prom dress idea is a show-stopping ballgown. This style is sure to make you feel like royalty and is sure to turn heads when you walk into the room.
No matter which style you choose, we know you’ll look absolutely gorgeous in your purple prom dress!